Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Permission to Rest

Good afternoon everyone,

Recently I was personally feeling pretty tired and low in energy. And as my family gathered around asking what I wanted to DO this particular day. I lay ed there and really felt myself, and paused before answering this simple question. As I felt my inner self I knew that what I desired to Do more than anything was absolutely NOTHING!

I didn't want to talk, or be spoken to, I didn't want to Go anywhere. I just needed time to BE! And as I expressed this truth those around me also let go of doing for the moment. we all just lay ed there and felt present, recharged and felt our breath. Often I feel many of us feel guilty for such pleasurable experiences. We feel we must constantly be DOING something to be worthy. Many students have expressed how guilty they feel to just relax.

So today allow me the opportunity to give each of you permission to relax. I can begin this but each of you must allow yourselves permission to relax and just BE. This is a gift that will fill you up and better prepare you for the activity that will certainly unfold in time. As we let go of doing we can better listen, feel and re charge. This is a very important part of life, a key ingredient to a happy and fulfilled life. And guess what, there will always be something to do. :)

So if you feel you must always be doing something, but in your inner self feel you could drop from how exhausted you are. Just pause and breath and just BE for a little while. This Being needs to become each of our primary states, and all the doing can flow from that space. As we shift our awareness to the importance of being. We will see and experience how all of our activity will improve and have a greater quality and essence to it.

So why not lay back, close your eyes take a deep breath and just BE!!! Your spirit will thank you~ Peace & Namaste, Yoga Momma :)

No comments: